Natural Law #150
We are all self-governing.
Let us call upon our ancestors, Elders and teachers - past and present,
to guide us in the way of the Heart.
You are all my relations. All is One.
Namaste: The Spirit in me, Sees the Spirit in You
Welcome to the 150th edition of Natural Law! The name ‘Reiki’ contains two Japanese kanji – ‘Rei’ and ‘ki’, meaning ‘universal-divine’ (Rei), ‘life-force energy’ (ki). Therefore ‘Reiki’ is the ‘universal-divine life-force energy’.
The higher consciousness of ‘Rei’ together with the pure, vital, healing energy of ‘ki’ directs the Reiki session, rather than the practitioner. Therefore, a practitioner is taught to trust and be guided by the Reiki energy.
This sounds like a simple concept, however in practice, this is a very unique way of working that takes time to master. Indeed, Reiki is encoded with a clear framework, that guides students how to work with this ancient healing system. Other examples include:
· Reiki works on the cause (rather than symptoms)
· Reiki always works for the highest good of all
· A person must be self-responsible for their own healing journey
· A person must ask to be treated with Reiki (self-responsibility + permission/consent)
There is much we can learn about the mysterious process of healing through the framework of Reiki.
· Reiki works on the cause (rather than symptoms). Oftentimes, I am guided by the Reiki healing energy to work in other areas, as well as where people are experiencing symptoms. The root cause of an issue often begins years before, and only manifests into illness over time. The Reiki healing process is one of working on the root cause, and gently peeling back all the layers, that have formed over time. I find it incredible that Reiki will naturally conclude each session, by creating the highest state of balance for a person. Holistic healing is a commitment and a process. Therefore, for those recovering from serious illness, and/or experiencing chronic/acute ailments, daily or weekly sessions are recommended. For those sensing the opportunity for growth and transformation through the chaos of major life transitions/events, a series of weekly or fortnightly sessions are best. Finally, for those feeling good and wanting to stay that way, fortnightly or monthly Reiki sessions are recommended to maintain wellbeing.
· Reiki always works for the highest good of all. The Reiki healing energy clears, balances and restores for the greater good of all concerned. This includes the land, waterways, plants, animals, ancestors & spiritworld, skyways and yes, you and the other humans involved. Reiki always works to restore a sacred balance, for the highest good of all.
· A person must be self-responsible for their own healing journey. This foundational premise of the Reiki healing system, reveals an important truth about healing. Dr Mikao Usui, the man credited with rediscovering Reiki said, “there has to be a rise in consciousness, before true healing can occur”. Indeed my own journey with Reiki began 17yrs ago in Cork, Ireland. I was feeling an unwanted, yet familiar experience of depression. However this time, I contemplated 'why am I here again?' I didn't have the answer, however for the first time in my life, I became curious about healing. I wondered what it was and how it worked. For the first time, I decided I needed some healing. I had heard about, and briefly experienced Reiki on my travels, so the following day I booked a Reiki session, and borrowed a book about Reiki from the local library. One week later, walking around Cork, an advertisement caught my eye, it was advertising a Reiki First Degree course. I immediately signed up ...
I have noticed some modern methods of 'personal development' where a practitioner will aggressively confront a person when they (the practitioner) has identified the person needs healing.
In contrast, Reiki values personal sovereignty and waits for a person to ask to be treated. This is a deep form of permission and consent. Even when others can see where a person needs healing, or what is out of balance for them, only when that person experiences a 'rise in consciousness' and decides they want to change something, and they ask to be treated with Reiki, is when a powerful inner-healing activation begins, which the Reiki energy works together with and supports. In Reiki, the guru lies within.
Faster and shorter is not always better. The ancient healing system of Reiki is designed to be applied regularly, to effect deep, long-lasting and integrated change and transformation.
Now is a powerful time to contemplate the glory of your soul and how you can share that with greater ease and flow. There are significant astrological placements that support you to dream your highest dream, with no limitations. Vision your land of plenty.
I have Reiki session packages available to gently yet powerfully, peel back the layers, create inner-harmony and reveal more of your shine. I have Reiki courses happening in April and May. Visit my website or contact me directly.
For the Highest Good of All,
The Yemaya Centre is open in Lismore & Wollongbar!
Distance & In-person Reiki treatments available. Reiki Courses on website.
www.yemayacentre.com.au for more information.
Helene Collard is a first generation Australian, with ancestral roots in the island of Mauritius. She is a qualified and experienced Reiki Master Teacher & Practitioner, Trauma-informed Care & Practice Facilitator (B.Trauma&Healing), and has completed Leadership Training Levels 1 and 2 with the Rites of Passage Institute. Helene has been designing and facilitating wellbeing workshops since 2009 – including Moon Circles, Secondary Trauma and Self-care Workshops, Reiki Circles, Reiki Courses, Reiki Meditation Events, Evolve Events, Women’s Vision Ceremony and more. In 2016, Helene founded the Yemaya Centre for Reiki and Wellbeing, in Lismore, NSW, which continues to host holistic wellbeing services and support to the community. From 2017-2021, Helene worked as Lead Facilitator for Aboriginal Trauma-informed organisation, We Al-li. Helene has delivered workshops in metropolitan, regional and remote areas of Australia, including in NSW, Qld, Vic, NT, WA & SA. Helene has also presented at conferences, forums and staff development days. Helene is a mother of 2 school-aged children and has resided in Northern Rivers NSW since 2007. For information, enquiries and bookings visit www.yemayacentre.com.au or phone 0405 656 797.